TSB Platinum Credit Card reviews will help you to find out about the advantages and disadvantages of the Platinum Purchase Card credit card, its fee and charges and type of features that TSB consumers like?
TSB is one of the oldest and largest names in British banking, Founded in 1810 as the Trustee Savings Bank.
TSB credit cards offer a variety of short-term borrowing choices. It offers every type of cards as balance transfer cards with interest-free periods of at least 2 years and purchase cards that with no interest on expenses for more than a year, there’s capacity of every person.
The TSB Platinum Credit Card is a sensible deal for TSB current account holders. This card offers two deals as it offers 0% on purchases and balance transfers for 20 months and for 28 months. The 1% balance transfer fee is refunded for transfers made within the first 90 days to TSB current account holders.
Though other credit cards possibly will offer longer 0% periods for purchases or balance transfers, they usually charge a balance transfer and an annual fee.
If you don’t have a TSB current account, the TSB Platinum Balance Transfer Cards are the better option for you. It offers 0% for 20 and 28 months on balance transfers, and a 0.25% balance transfer fee, for transfers, ended in the first 90 days.
TSB Platinum 28 Months Balance Transfer Card
This is TSB’s longest 0% interest period offer with balance transfer credit card. Now you can enjoy 28 months at 0% and a low fee of 0.5% on balance transfers that you made within the initial 90 days. This credit card can be used at more than 35 million merchants and ATMs worldwide because it is operated by the Mastercard network.
With platinum 28-month balance transfer, you can get:
- 0% on purchases for 3 months
- On balances transferred, 0% interest for up to the first 28 months within the first 90 days
- During the first 90 days, 0.50% balance transfer fee
TSB Platinum 20 Month Purchase Card
This TSB credit card offers you the longest 0% on purchase offer. You can get the best with up to 20 months interest-free equally on purchases and balance transfers made in the first 90 days after opening an account.
With Platinum 20 Month Purchase Card you can get:
- For over 20 months on purchases, 0% interest
- On balances transferred within the first 90 days 0% interest for up to 20 months.
During the first 90 days, 2.95% balance transfer fee applies
Eligibility criteria, interest rate, fees, and charge are all same for both cards, only balance transfer fee is different. On TSB Platinum credit card for 20 months, 2.95% balance transfer fee applies during the first 90 days and on TSB Platinum credit card for 28 months 0.5% balance transfer fee applies for first 90 days.
Interest is charged from the date of the transaction, but, you will not be charged interest on new purchases if you pay the full balance in time which is shown on your statement.
TSB Platinum Representative Example
If you are borrowing £1,200 over 12 months on purchase rate 18.94% p.a. (variable) and the Representative is 18.9% APR (variable).
Eligibility Criteria Applying for TSB Platinum Credit Card
To be eligible for TSB platinum card, you must be:
- A UK resident of 18 or over
- Have a normal and regular income
- Not be stated bankrupt
TSB Platinum Credit Card Advantages
- You may get 1% cashback with a TSB current account on the first eligible £500 spent every month.
- The balance transfer fee is 0.5% if you made within 90 days of opening the card. This amount s too low.
- You can manage this card online, via phone, or at some TSB branch.
- It can be used with both Apple Pay or by Google Pay.
- It is not accessible to clients with existing TSB credit cards.
- This credit card is designed for a reduction of interest payments and it doesn’t offer many rewards for spending.
TSB Platinum Credit Card Disadvantages
- You should have a Prime credit rating
- You want to borrow a minimum of £ 500
- You can not apply for this credit card if you are older than 18
TSB Platinum Credit Card Introductory Purchase Rate
- For up to the first 20 months 0%
- For up to the first 3 months 0%
- Introductory rates apply from the date of opening your account interest is typically charged from the date of the transaction, but, you are not going to be charged interest on new purchases only if you pay the full balance shown on your prior and present statement on time.
You must stay within your credit limit and make your payments on time each month if you want to stay eligible for promotional rates.
TSB Platinum Fees and Charges
|Balance Transfer Fee||28 months 0% interest on transfers|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate||18.9%|
|Balance Transfer Fee||0.5% for 90 days|
|Purchases Revert Rate||18.9%|
|Purchases||3 months 0% interest on purchases|
|Min Credit Limit||£500|
TSB Platinum Credit Card Charges
|Interest-Free Period for transactions||56 days|
|The interest-free period for cash withdrawal||0 days|
|The annual interest rate for purchases||18.94 % AER|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||statutory minimum|
TSB Platinum Additional Charges
|Returned Payment Charge||£ 12|
|Copy Statement Charge||£ 6|
|Copy Voucher Charge||£ 5|
|Over Limit Fee||£ 12|
|Late Payment Fee:||£ 12|
There are fees and charges for some transactions, such as using your card abroad, withdrawing a cash, missing a monthly payment or going beyond your credit limit.
TSB Platinum overseas Fee and Charges
|Charges on international cash withdrawal for £100||£ 3|
|Overseas Insurance on||
Check: Avios Travel Reward Program
|Interest Charged on Cash Withdrawals||18.94 % AER|
|Cost of £100 Transaction Worldwide||£ 2.95|
|Airport Lounge Access||No|
How to Apply for the TSB Platinum Card
If you want to apply for TSB Platinum card, go to tsb.co.uk/creditcards and just click on the “Go to Site” button and you’ll be driven to a safe application form. The application will be completed within 15 minutes. Before applying, check your eligibility probability and have the information and documents that’ll be needed to make this process easy.
If you want to apply for this credit card, call to TSB credit card phone number: 0800 015 0022 OR Click their website: tsb.co.uk/creditcards OR Visit your local branch.
TSB Platinum Credit Card Login
If you are new to TSB Internet Banking and don’t have an online account, it’s easy to register online. Just go to their official site and get registered. For registration you must have:
- Savings account, current account, credit card, mortgage or another loan in case you’re aged 18 or over
- Current account if your age is 11 to 15
- Current or savings account if your age is16 or 17
- Your bank account number and sort code
- Your present address in the UK
- Details of any balance that you wish to transfer
- If you are a joint cardholder, apply separately.
Now you are needed to be entered some details about your TSB account as shown in the image:
If you already have an account, enter your password and follow the instructions.
BEWARE: Never log into Internet Banking if someone else has remote access to your computer.